15 Feb 2023
Here’s how to add signatures collected on paper sheets to the digital version of your petition on Action Network. If you’re not using Action Network and want help setting up a digital version, please contact [email protected]
1) Head to the public version of your petition eg https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/ask-your-mp-to-take-action-for-warm-homes
2) Type "?kiosk=true" at the end of the link eg actionnetwork.org/petitions/ask-your-mp-to-take-action-for-warm-homes?kiosk=true and press the Enter/Return key. This puts the petition into "kiosk mode", making it easier and faster to add signatures.
3) Add the details of the first person from your paper petition. You’ll see 2 opt-in statements on the digital petition.
The first one relates to emails from your group – which is covered on your paper petition.
4) The second one relates to emails from Friends of the Earth. Your paper petition doesn’t cover this question, so you must pick "No, do not opt in". This won’t affect anyone who's already on Friends of the Earth’s mailing list, and they'll continue to receive emails.
5) Select "Add my name". Your screen will refresh so you can move on to the next person on your paper petition.
When you add a paper signature to your digital petition, an email is sent automatically to the person you’ve added – thanking them and asking them to share the petition. This is mentioned on the petition sheet, but if you want to switch this email off while you add paper signatures, please see this guidance on turning off automated emails.
6) Turn kiosk mode off. Type "?kiosk=false" at the end of your petition link eg actionnetwork.org/petitions/ask-your-mp-to-take-action-for-warm-homes?kiosk=false and press the Enter/Return key.
Putting your petition into kiosk mode will prevent you from logging into Action Network, so if you're having problems accessing your account, make sure you've turned kiosk mode off first.